We all want to look our best during the holidays, one of the few times a year we reunite with most of our family and friends. If you need a little beautifying boost, you’re in luck. Here are a few easy styling tricks that will amp up your party look in no time.
1. Wear a simple, elegant updo, like a sleek, polished ponytail. Keep frizz and flyaways under control with a lightweight shine serum. Our favorite? Morocanoil Frizz Free Shine Spray.
2. Luminous skin is your best accessory. Sweep highlighting powder in soft pink along cheekbones to brighten your face. Try Jane Iredale Cosmetics.
3. When in doubt, wear black. It always looks chic. Add a little sparkle and you are ready to go!
4. Say it with Red. Be festive and paint your nails red. Try OPI Gel Polish to get you through all those holiday parties. It won’t disappoint!
5. Flutter like a Butterfly. Apply false lashes or experience Misencil Lash Extensions. They will instantly open your eyes and you will feel glamorous.
6. Wear a statement necklace or ring. Tis’ the season for jewel tones or silver and gold baubles.
7. Don’t be afraid to show some skin. Apply a body oil or lotion with a bit of shimmer to décolletage, arms and legs for some exciting sparkle. We love Farmhouse Fresh Agave Nectar or Morocanoil Shimmer Spray.
8. Keep brows well groomed—they’re the frame for your face. Have you tried a brow tint when having your brows shaped? What a great way to define your eyes in just 15 minutes.
~By Marilyn Rose
Winter hair trends are all about rocking a great cut and color! Thinking about cutting your long locks? Do it!! Beat any lingering winter blahs by trading them in for a fun and festive crop and you will soon feel oh so merry and bright.
Celebrities everywhere are trading in their long hair for a sexy feminine crop. We’d become used to seeing the ever-gorgeous Jennifer Lawrence rocking long brunette locks as The Hunger Games’ Katniss Everdeen, so our jaws dropped when she unveiled a choppy blonde pixie crop. Despite our initial shock, we LOVE it! Not long after, we saw Jennifer Aniston rock a lust-worthy choppy bob. Will this be the new “Rachel” style?
We do love to see a drastic celebrity hair transformation! What do you think of Jennifer Lawrence’s pixie and Jennifer Aniston’s bob?
Don’t be afraid to think outside of the box when it comes to a new style this season. Dare to go short, add some layers, rock a fringe or try a gemstone inspired color. Want to keep the length, ask your stylist what’s on trend for 2014.
The holiday season will be soon upon us and I know we all want to look and feel our best and Wow them at holiday parties! I have created a list for pre-holiday prep so you can confidently feel your best and sparkle… why let the ornaments have all the fun?
Exfoliate, Exfoliate, Exfoliate!!
If you’re going to wear that little black dress, then get rid of the dead skin with a good body exfoliator, and a face exfoliator to suit your skin type. A skin therapist can help you determine what products are best for you.
Hydrate for happy skin!!
Dehydrated skin is not sexy! Plump it up by drinking lots of the clear stuff….no not vodka Drink plenty of water and apply hyaluronic based products on your skin daily to ensure a beautiful holiday glow. Want to relax and replenish? Intraceuticals is THE treatment for optimal hydration and a must have before a special event. It’s Madonna’s go to treatment for a reason, it works!
Were you away in St. Tropez?
Start spray tanning so you can arrive to your destination with a beautiful and natural healthy glowing tan. St. Tropez products contain skincare benefits for the face and body so you can have a beautiful skin with a light bronzed look. Spray Tanning is performed by a trained therapist, only takes 30 minutes and it lasts over a week! It is natural looking and absolutely perfect for those holiday dresses.
RELAX…..and give yourself the gift of “Me time”
Take a break from the hustle and bustle, a rested and relaxed mind is always more fun at parties! Have a relaxation facial with a scalp massage, a body treatment or a full body massage. Take a deep breath and enjoy!
Holiday hands and feet!
You can’t rock a dress without a mani/pedi and polished nails! Yes, people notice We have two holiday treats in December for stunning digits. Book our Holiday gingerbread “Man”icure or our Christmas Mistle”toes” pedicure, the farmhouse fresh products smell and feel amazing. We have our holiday collection of gel polish to complete the look and it will last thru baking and wrapping
Happy Holidays Everyone!
Master Clinical Skin Therapist: Kerri Houweling
Give the gift of Beauty! Gift Cards are always the right fit! When you purchase a gift card for $50 or more, we will add an additional 15% on for FREE!
Restore balance to your body, mind and spirit, and rejuvenate your health and well being with acupuncture treatments. Andrea McKee, Registered Acupuncturist, will work with you to help find the root of the problem, not masking the symptoms. You will feel and look younger, well rested and less stressed by allowing your body to heal naturally from the inside out. Acupuncture is painless, relaxing and it works. $69